Today is the fifth anniversary of the birth of this weblog. Instead of hunting around for other links on the web, I thought instead I would link to some past entries with notable dates, so we could all reminisce together.
- My first entry was way back on March 10, 2000.
- On May 12, 2000, I talk about my initiation the night before.
- My Fellowcraft degree was also a pretty exciting time, and back on August 15, 2000, I spent some time discussing that.
- Finally, on November 27, 2000, I discuss receiving my Master Mason degree.
- September 30, 2001, is my first post after becoming a Royal Arch Mason.
- My installation as Junior Deacon and my upcoming installation as Royal Arch Captain were discussed on December 3, 2001.
- And my installations as Captain of the Host and Senior Deacon took place the next year, from the December 23, 2002, post.
Activity here has been a bit sporadic at times, unfortunately. I took a long break between the last post in 2001 and April of 2004. Since then, I have missed posting about my involvement in a great deal of degree work, my Scottish Rite degrees, and my installation as High Priest of the Royal Arch chapter. It's been a busy time. I've sat in the east precisely twice during blue lodge meetings: once to confer an Entered Apprentice degree, and once during a step-up night when the Master was gone. Next year, I should be Master of the lodge. In just five years, I will have gone from the northeast corner to presiding in the East. Quite a journey!
Thanks to all of my readers for following along. I've got no plans to stop writing about Freemasonry yet, and hope to have lots of great information shared here in the future.